Irwan Iskandar, Ph.D.
NIP: 19790628 201012 1 002
|2010||Doctor||PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in Environmental Geology, Dept. New Frontier Sciences, Graduate School of Science and Technology, Kumamoto University, Japan
Judul Tugas Akhir “Pre-Excavation Grouting for Problems Encountering of Groundwater and Geological Structure in Underground Excavation for Head Race Tunnel at Renun North Sumatera Hydro Electric Power Plant.”
|2005||Master||M. Eng. Major in Hydrogeology, Master Program of Mining Engineering, Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia.
Judul Thesis Master “Hydrogeology and Groundwater Modeling at Nickel Mine at Sorowako Sulawesi, and its relationship with Potential of Cr6+ Contaminant Transport”
|2002||Bachelor||B. Eng in Mining Exploration, Mining Engineering Dept. Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), Indonesia.
PhD Dissertation Title “Spatio-temporal Modeling and Identifying Mechanism of Groundwater Arsenic Contamination in a Hydrothermal Mineralization Area”
Academic and Research Publication
- Iskandar I, Al Hakim AY, Mustiatin, Aprillia P, Koike K, Kubo K, Notosiswoyo S., Investigation of Geothermal Systems in Patuha, Indonesia: Evidence from Soil Gas Radon and Mercury Analyses, Gas Compositions, Dissolved Rare Earth Elements, and Stable Water Isotopes, Natural Resources Research, under review
- Shoedarto RM, Tada Y, Kashiwaya K, Koike K, Iskandar I, Specifying recharge zones and mechanisms of the transitional geothermal field through hydrogen and oxygen isotope analyses with consideration of water-rock interaction, Geothermics, Volume 86, July 2020, 101797
- Yudi Rahayudin Y, Kashiwaya K, Tada Y, Iskandar I, Koike K, Atmaja RW, Herdianita NR, On the origin and evolution of geothermal fluids in the Patuha Geothermal Field, Indonesia based on geochemical and stable isotope data, Applied Geochemistry Volume 114, March 2020, 104530
- Iskandar I, Dermawan FA, Sianipar JY, Suryantini, Notosiswoyo S. Characteristic and Mixing Mechanisms of Thermal Fluid at the Tampomas Volcano, West Java, Using Hydrogeochemistry, Stable Isotope and 222Rn Analyses. Geosciences. 2018; 8(4):103.
- Pramudita D, Iskandar I, Indarto A. Nano-Enhanced Materials for Reclamation of Mine Spoils. Book Chapter: Bio-Geotechnologies for Mine Site Rehabilitation, pp.201-214DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-812986-9.00012-9, Elsevier, 2018
- Taufiq A, Hosono T, Iskandar I, Effendi AJ, Hutasoit LM. Estimating Groundwater Mixing Ratios from Vertical Flux Processes due to Excessive Groundwater Pumping Using Hydrogeochemical Parameters and Nitrate Concentrations in the Bandung Basin, Indonesia, Geologia Croatica 71 no 3 · October 2018 DOI: 10.4154/816
- Taufiq A, Hosono T, Ide K, Kagabu M, Iskandar I, Effendi AJ, Hutasoit LM, Shimada J. Impact of excessive groundwater pumping on rejuvenation processes in the Bandung basin (Indonesia) as determined by hydrogeochemistry and modeling. Hydrogeology Journal 26(4) 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10040-018-1728-z
- Iskandar I, Farazi H, Fadhilah R, Purnandi CP, Notosiswoyo S, Groundwater and Solute Transport Modeling at Hyporheic Zone of Upper Part Citarum River, IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, Volume 71, 2017, DOI :10.1088/1755-1315/71/1/012011
- Sudarningsih, Maulana L, Bijaksana S, Hafidz A, Pratama A, Widodo, Iskandar I, Magnetic Characterisationof Sand and Boulder Samples from Citarum River as Baseline for Magnetic Analyses of Riverine Environment in Volcanic Areas, Journal of Mathematic and Funademantal Sciences, J. Math. Fund. Sci., Vol. 49, No. 2, 2017, 116-126
- Sudarningsih, Bijaksana S, Ramdani R, Hafidz A, Pratama A, Widodo Widodo, Iskandar I, Fajar S, Dahrin D, Santoso N. Variations in the Concentration of Magnetic Minerals and Heavy Metals in Suspended Sediments from Citarum Rivers and Its Tributaries, West Java, Indonesia. Geosciences 2017, 7(3), 66; doi:3390/geosciences7030066
- Iskandar I, Purnandi CP, Arifin AP, Notosiswoyo S, Kashiwaya K, Tada Y, Koike K, Hydrochemical Characterization for Identifying Hydrothermal Systems in the Bandung Volcanic Basin, 41st Stanford Geothermal Workshop February 22-24, Stanford 2016
- Purwanti F, Iskandar I, Ramdhan AM, Non Isothermal Groundwater Flow in Geothermal Area a Case Study of Mt.Rajabasa, Lampung, 43rd IAH International Congress – Montpellier, 25 – 29th September, 2016
- Musti’atin, Setiabudi A, Iskandar I, Ramdhan AM, Hydrogeochemical Study to Determine Active Hydrodynamic Flow in Hydrocarbon Reservoir: The Case Study of Central Sumatra Basin, 43rd IAH International Congress – Montpellier, 25 – 29th September, 2016
- Iskandar I, Paladan A, Pratama RNA, Notosiswoyo S, Predicting the Potential of Groundwater Mining in Industrial Area Cidahu, Sukabumi, Indonesia Using Numerical Modeling, International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology 2014, December 3-4, 2015
- Iskandar I, Wibowo A, Widodo LE, Casanova B, Notosiswoyo S, A 3D Model of Hydraulic Conductivity Distribution of Fractured Rocks Using Packer Test Result and Geotechnical log, International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology 2014, December 4-5, 2014
- Widodo LE, Widijanto E, Iskandar I, Notosiswoyo S, Modeling Development of Mud Deposit for Assessment of Mud Rush Potential in Block Cave Mine, International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology 2014, December 4-5, 2014
- Iskandar I, Septianto CP, Notosiswoyo S, Hydrogeochemistry abd Genesis of Springs and Hot Springs Around Bandung Volcanic Basin, Relatedbwith release and Sink of Dissolved Metals, International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology 2014, December 4-5, 2014
- Cahyadi TA, Notosiswoyo S, Widodo LE, Iskandar I, Distribusi Sebaran Konduktivitas Hidraulik Dari Hasil Uji Akuifer – Constant Head Permeabilitas Pada Batuan Sedimen Secara Heterogen, TPT XXIII PERHAPI 2014, Makassar 24-26 November 2014
- Iskandar I, Koike K, Sendjaja P, Identifying Groundwater Arsenic Contamination Mechanisms in Relation to Arsenic Concentrations in Water and Host Rocks. Environmental Earth Sciences (Environmental Geology), 2012, 65:2015-2026 Springer DOI 10.007/s12665-011-1182-x
- Notosiswoyo S, Iskandar I, Gautama RS, Soeprapto RP, Gultom T, Sompie D, Andrawina KN, Early Step to Prevent Environmental Impacts in Mining Project Case Studies : Mine Water Management in Messel Gold Mine, Minahasa, North Sulawesi and Sorowako Lateritic Nickel Mine, Luwu, South Sulawesi, Indonesia. Kyushu University Global COE Program Journal of Novel Carbon Resource Sciences, Vol. 5, pp. 28-32, Feb. 2012.
- Iskandar I, Notosiswoyo S, Purnandi C, Trinovini, Type and Origin of Springs and Hotsprings at Surrounding Ridges of Bandung Basin, Related With its Potential Natural Contamination, Proceedings of International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology, September 18-19, 2012 Aula Barat – ITB.
- Trinovini, Iskandar I, Notosiswoyo S, Indriati T, Purnandi C, Study of Arsenic Contents in Mountain Area of Bandung Volcanic Ridge, West java, Indonesia. Presented on 9th International Symposium on Novel Carbon Resources Sciences at Kyushu University Japan, November 2012.
- Iskandar I, Koike K, Sendjaja P, Sources and Mechanism of Groundwater Sulfide Arsenic Based on Microscopy, Spectral Reflectance of Mineral and SEM Observation, Abstract and Presentation, 1st International Symposium Environmental Geoscience in Asia, Bandung, October 5-6, 2011.
- Notosiswoyo S, Iskandar I, Contribution of Coal Mine and Coal Fired Plant to CO2-Emission in Indonesia, Journal of Novel Carbon Resource and Science, Vol-4 pp 17-20, 2011
- Iskandar I, Koike K. Distinguishing Potential Sources of Arsenic Released to Groundwater around a Fault Zone Containing a Mine Site. Environmental Earth Sciences (Enviromental Geology) 2011, 63:595-608 Springer, DOI : 10.1007/s12665-010-0727-8
- Ilyas A, Koike K, Iskandar I. Geostatistical Modeling of Ore Grade Distribution in a Laterite Nickel Deposit. Springs Meeting of Mineral and Material Processing of Industrial Japan. (MMIJ), Tokyo, March 30-April 1, 2010 Paper No. 3311, pp. 103-104.
- Ako AA, Shimada J, Ichiyanagi K, Koike K, Hosono T, Eyong GET, Iskandar I. Isotope Hydrology and Hydrochemistry of Water Resources in The Banana Plain (Mungo Division) of The Cameroon Volcanic Line. Journal of Environmental Hydrology, Vol. 18. no. 4, pp. 1-20, 2010.
- Iskandar I, Koike K. Identifying Arsenic Contamination Process in Groundwater in Consideration of Water-Rock Spatial Correlation. Japan Geoscience Meeting 2010, Chiba May 23-28, 2010 Abstract AGE030-05
- Iskandar I, Koike K, Widodo LE. Geostatistical Modeling of Arsenic Concentration in Groundwater by Considering Rock-Water Interaction in Mineralized Area. Proceeding of International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology, Fukuoka, December 8-9, 2009, pp. 387-390.
- Iskandar I, Koike K. Space – Time Analysis of Arsenic Concentrations in Groundwater near a Mining Site for Transport Modelling. Proceeding of IAHR International Groundwater Symposium, Istanbul, June 18-20, 2008, pp. 362-370.
- Iskandar I, Koike K. Modeling of Groundwater Pathway in a Fault Zone by Space-Time Analysis of Arsenic Concentration. Proceeding of International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology, Fukuoka, December 2-3, 2008, pp. 409-416.
- Iskandar I, Notosiswoyo S, Asmar H, Tobing FL. Konsep Model Reduksi Alami Konsentrasi Cr6+ dengan Aquifer-Aquitard Buatan kombinasi Sand-Silt-dan Sedimen Organik. Temu Profesi Tahunan Perhapi, Makassar, 2007.
- Hutasoit LM, Iskandar I. Groundwater Pathway for Arsenic from Mining Site to Buyat Village. Proceeding of 5th International Symposium on Earth Science and Technology, Fukuoka, December 3-4, 2007, pp. 325-331.
- Hutasoit LM, Iskandar I, Ramdhan I. Potential of Artificial Groundwater Recharge Through Surface Reservoir for Jakarta Aquifer. Proceeding of 4th International Workshop on Earth Science and Technology, Fukuoka, December 4-5, 2006, pp. 193-2006.
- Hutasoit LM, Iskandar I. Potential Arsenic Source and Recharge Area in Buyat Village. Proceeding of 9th International Symposium on Mineral Exploration, Bandung, September 19-21, 2006, pp. 82-88
Some Professional Experiences
- Desk study rencana calon lokasi alternatif Tailing Storage Facility (TSF), PT. Indonesia Konawe Industrial Park, 2021 (as team leader)
- Water supply study for Laman Mining, West Kalimantan, 2021 (as team leader)
- Geohazard study for road assessment di PT. Sumbawa Timur Mining-Vale, 2021 (as team leader)
- Study Investigation and Engineering Design of Residual Storage Facility of PT. Indonesia Konawe Industrial Park, Konawe, 2019 (as Team Leader)
- Kajian Hidrologi dan Hidrogeologi penempatan kembali backfilling tailing, PT. Indo Muro Kencana (IMK), 2020 (principal hydrogeologist)
- Hydrology and Geotechnical Investigation of Tailing Dam PT. Indonesia Konawe Industrial Park, 2020 (team leader)
- Hydrology, Hydrogeology and Geotechnic of Dry Tailing Storage Facility of HPAL, Halmahera Persada Lygend, Harita Group, 2020 (as Team Leader)
- Engineering Design of Dry Tailing Storage Faciltiy of HPAL, Halmahera Persada Lygend, Harita Group, 2020 (as Team Leader)
- Hydrology and Hydrogeology Study of Sihayo Pit Gold Mine, PT. Sorikmas Mining, 2019 as (Team Leader)
- Pre-Feasibility Study of shore reclamation using slurry, PT. Halmahera Persada Lygend, Harita Group, 2020 (as Team Leader)
- Hydrology, Hydrogeology and Geotechnical Study of Tailing Storage Facilities PT. Halmahera Persada Lygend, 2019 (as Team Leader)
- Geology and Geochemical Study of Klabat-Wineru Geothermal Area, Bitung North Sulawesi – Ormat Geothermal, 2019 (as Team Leader)
- Hydrogeological, hydrogeochemical and isotopes study of Springs at TBP Nickel Mine site, Obi Island, 2018 (as Team Leader)
- Hydrology and Hydrogeological study of Tailing Displacement of PT.SCM (Weda and Morowali), 2018 (as Team Leader)
- Hydrogeological Analysis of Tailing Displacement of HPAL PT. HPL (Obi Island), 2018 (as Team Leader)
- Hydrogeology and Hydrogeochemical study of TSF at Paiton PLTU Area, 2018 (as Team Leader)
- Member of Indonesian Over Pressure Study (INOV) SKK Migas-LAPI ITB, 2014- now
- Hydrogeological study for Tailing Storage Facility at Penjom Gold Mine, J-Resources, Penjom, Malaysia, as Hydrogeologist, 2016-2017 (as principal hydrogeologist-hydrogeochemist)
- Hydrogeological study at Natarang Gold Mine, Sumatera, as Hydrogeologist, 2017
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological study at Mandiri Inti Perkasa Coal Mine, , 2017as Hydrogeologist
- Hydrogeological study at Pani Gold Mine J-Resources, Sulawesi, as Hydrogeologist, 2017
- Hydrogeological Study for Tailing Storage Facilities (TSF) Gold Mine. PT. Indo Muro Kencana, 2016
- Hydrogeological Study of PT. Sago Prima Pratama Gold Mine, J Resources 2015-2016
- Hydrogeological and Land Subsidence Study of Jakarta, as Hydrogeologist, 2015
- Environmental Impact Assessment RS Al-Ihsan Bandung, 2015
- Hydrogeological Study for Tailing Storage Facilities (TSF) Gold Mine PT. Kasongan Bumi Kencana, 2015
- Hydrology and Hydrogeological Study at PT. Indocement Tunggal Prakasa, Citeureup, 2014-2015
- Hydrgeology and Hydrogeochemical Study at CMTF PT. Chevron Pacific Indonesia, 2014-2015
- Hydrogeological Course Perhapi (Instructor), 2013, 2014, 2015
- Mining Hydrogeological Course LAPI ITB, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Environmental Impact Assessment Indonesia Morowali Industrial Park Morowali, as Hydrologist-Hydrogeologist, 2014-2015
- Hydrology and Hydrogeological Study of River Pabilahan Diversion, PT Arutmin, 2014
- Environmental Impact Assessment AMDAL Indocement Tunggal Prakasa, Citeureup Bogor, as Hydrologist-Hydrogeologist 2013
- Hydrogeological Study of PT. Newmont Nusa Tenggara, Sumbawa, as Hydrologist-Hydrogeologist, 2012-2013
- Feasibility Study of Coal Mine PT. Kideco Jaya Agung, as Hydrologist-Hydrogeologist 2013
- Groundwater Resources and Master Plan of Groundwater Resources in Eromoko Basin, Wonogiri, 2013
- Mine Plan Design and Hydrogeological Study of Semen Indonesia Tuban, 2013
- Groundwater Modeling in Asam- Asam Pit PT Arutmin, as Hydrogeologist 2013-2014
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Study of Coal Mine PT Piranti Jaya Utama, as Hydrologist-Hydrogeologist, 2012
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Study of Coal Mine PT. Rinjani Kertanegara, 2012
- Feasibility Study of Coal Mine PT. Gerbang Daya Mandiri, 2012
- Feasibility Study PT. Indocement Tunggal Prakasa, Palimanan, 2012
- Hydrogeological and Hydrological Base Line of PT. Indocement Tunggal Prakasa, Palimanan, 2012
- Environmental Impact Assessment PT. Indocement Tunggal Prakasa, Palimanan, Cirebon, as Hydrologist-Hydrogeologist, 2012
- Hydrogeology for Water Management for Dairi Prima Mineral, North Sumatra, as Hydrologist-Hydrogeologist 2011-2013
- Sulfate Water Study, PT. Newmont Minahasa Raya, 2011
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Study of Quarry PT. Semen Cibinong, 2011
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Study of Coal Mine PT. Batuah Energi Prima 2011
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Study of Coal Mine PT. Bhakti Energi Persada, 2011
- Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Study of Coal Mine PT. Gunung Bara Utama, 2011
- Hydrogeological Study of Coal Mine PT. Adaro, 2011
- Environmental Impact Assessment of Coal Mine PT. Adaro, as Hydrologist-Hydrogeologist, 2011
- Mine Plan and Geotechnical and Hydrogeology of Quarry PT. Semen Gresik, Rembang, 2011
- Hydrology and Hydrogeological Study PT. INCO Sorowako, LAPI-ITB, 2007.
- Tbk di Tuban. LPPM-ITB, 2006
- Mine Plan and Hydrogeological Study at Limestone Quarry PT. HOLCIM Indonesia, 2006
- Hydrogeological Study and Design of Groundwater Well in PT. KPC (Coal Mine) LPPM-ITB, 2005.
- Hydrogeological Study for Artificial Recharge at University of Indonesia Campus, Ristek-BPPT, 2005
- Master Plan of Mineral Resources Province Kalimantan Barat. LPPM-ITB, 2006.Mineralogy and Hydrogeological Study in Nickel Mine PT. INCO Sorowako, Sulawesi Selatan. LAPI-ITB, 2004.
- General Secretary of Indonesian Association of Hydrogeologist (PAAI), 2017 – now
- Member International Association of Hydrogeologist (IAH), 2014 – now
- Member of Association of Indonesian Mine Professional (Perhapi)
- Member of Indonesia Geological Association (IAGI)
- Member of Indonesia Geophysicist Association (HAGI)
- Member of Japan Geoscience Union
- Member of Indonesian Engineer Association (PII)
- Secretary of Indonesian Student Association at Kumamoto, Japan, 2008-2009.