PB5008 Geophysics for Exploration Geothermal
- Brief review of elements of a geothermal system, types of geothermal system
- General exploration strategy (reconnaissance survey, detailed survey) and development.
- Geophysical anomalies on a geothermal prospect related to: gross structure, reistivity and magetic property of cap rocks, density of magmatic heat sources, thermal fluid flow, seismicity of hydrothermal activities.
- Review of geophysical exploration methods: gravity, magnetics, geo-electrics (Schlumberger, Mise-a-la-masse), magnetotellurics (MT, including CSAMT and transient EM), Self-Potential (SP), micro-seismics.
- Discussion on case studies of geothermal exploration in Indonesia.