Graduate Seminar: "How to Mitigate Financial Risk and How to Get CER in a Geothermal Project?"
Graduate Seminar on "How to Mitigate Financial Risk and How to Get CER in a Geothermal Project?"
- Date and Time : Friday, 6 August 2010, 08.30 - 11.30
- Venue : Ruang Auditorium Campus Centre Timur ITB
Speakers resume summary
Antonie de Wilde, Ph.D, M.Phil., Mech.Eng (Jakarta-based)
Lead Energy Advisor, BAPPENAS, Indonesia (National Development Planning Agency)
Antonie has over 37 years cumulative experience as a senior executive, technical consultant and specialist, and entrepreneur in the small/micro enterprise development of alternative energy technologies and applications, particularly in the F.ast Asia Region.
His involvement in green energy includes wind energy parks, solar home systems, solar PV, fuel switching (from diesel to coconut oil), (micro)-hydro projects, biomass (thermal and gasification), in several countries including Indonesia, India, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Thailand.
Prior to being Advisor for BAPPENAS, Antonie worked a cumulative of 13 years for the World Bank and IFC in different capacities:
- Coordinator of the Asia Sustainable and Alternative Energy Program (ASTAE);
- Senior Energy Specialist for Thailand, Pacific Region, and Papua New Guinea based in Sydney;
- Senior Program Manager for South Asia Enterprise Development Facility (IFC/SEDF) in Dhaka, Bangladesh,
- lead consultant for China Project Development Facility, and the Sichuan Investment and Credit Guarantee Fund;
- Senior Consultant for Financial Sector of Pakistan and Sri Lanka;
- Lead Advisor for appraisal of IFC's China Project development Facility and Sichuan Invesment and Guarantee Fund, design and start-up at UNDP's Enterprise Africa.
Antonie has also devoted 13 years in various consulting and executive capacities:
- Director of Institute of Social Studies Advisory Services at The Hague, Netherlands;
- President and Executive Director Appropriate Technology International, Washington DC;
- Program Director Sarvodaya Shramadana Movement, including Director of the Sarvodaya Economic Enterprise Development Services.
- While at ATI, Antonie led the financing (grant, equity, debt) of over 250 projects in 33 developing countries focused on SME development.
His education background:
- Ph.D. Sociology and Anthropology, University of Sri jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka;
- M.Phil Science Studies, University of Edinburgh, U.K.;
- BSc. Mech. Eng, Hogere Technische School Enschede, Netherlands.
Guido Alfredo A. Delgado (Philippines-based)
Chairman and CEO, G.A.A.Delgado, Inc.
Guido has over 14 years of leadership, transactions execution and advisory experience in power management, generation, distribution and trading primarily in the Philippines. He currently serves as Chairman and CEO for his own management and financial consulting firm geared primarily towards the development and promotion of energy investment opportunities in the Philippines.
Prior to this, he served for 3 Vi years as President, CEO and Director of the largest power company in the Philippines, the National Power Corporation(NPC). There he mobilized over US$8.4Billion in Independent Power Provider and Long-term debt contracts to address the power crisis facing the country at the time.
He is a founding proponent of the restructuring plan of the local energy industry, enacted into law in 2001 as the Energy Power Industry Reform Act (EPIRA), which set the stage for the privatization of energy generation and transmission, as well as the prioritization of alternative energy sources for electricity.
He also has 15 years of experience in rural banking, microfinance, investing, strategic and financial advisory for SMEs and several large corporations, including publicly traded Philex Mining Corp., National Steel Corp., and First Dominion Prime Holdings, the largest tuna processing and exporting company in the Philippines.
His education background:
- Honorary Doctorate in Humanities, Xavier University Philippines;
- MS Management Science (Corporate Finance), University of Manchester, UK;
- BS Agricultural Business, University of the Philippines (Cum Laude);
- High School (Salutatorian), Davao City High School, Philippines;
- Grade School (Valedictorian), Zamboanga State College, Philippines
Registration and contact person: